[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 60 vs. 30 ma

Subject:  Re: 60 vs. 30 ma
  Date:  Mon, 16 Jun 1997 18:06:55 -0400 (EDT)
  From:  Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
    To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

-snip-

<< >  >>
 >Well, I have said this before, but will say it again.  I think folks
 >spend
 >too much time worrying about matching caps to transformers.  The
 >transformer
 >needs to be able to charge the cap up to the peak voltage (or whatever
 >the
 >gaps are set to) a few times each half cycle  -  and that's it.

      I wouldn't say that's it, I mean it probably depends on what kind
 of configuration your working with (I have seen two variations). I know
 that with changing some of my transformers I got some improvents when I
 adjusted the capacitance.

 T.Stewart

T. Stewart,

If you add larger transformers, you can certainly also increase the
capacitance to take advantage of the higher charging current.  All I'm
saying
here is you do not have to increase the capacitor value when higher
current
transformers are added.  Some folks seem to think one requires the
other.

Ed Sonderman