[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 60 vs. 30 ma

Subject:  Re: 60 vs. 30 ma
  Date:   Tue, 17 Jun 1997 11:49:52 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Mon, 16 Jun 1997 18:06:55 -0400 (EDT) Ed Sonderman
<Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

> If you add larger transformers, you can certainly also increase the
> capacitance to take advantage of the higher charging current.  All I'm
> saying here is you do not have to increase the capacitor value when higher
> current transformers are added.  Some folks seem to think one requires the
> other.

Actually you do have to increase the capacitor size if you increase
the charging current otherwise you will not be using the additional
current. Realize of course this assumes that you were already using
the largest practical size capacitor for the charging current. The
capacitor is really the controlling factor as to how much power we
can cram into a given Tesla coil.
                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.