[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Strange Black Box...

From: 	Brandon Doughan[SMTP:fiveht-at-well-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, June 19, 1997 1:59 PM
To: 	tesla
Subject: 	Strange Black Box...

Hi all-

	I recently bought a 15KV transformer but am a little confused as
to how to power it and whether it's ac or dc output.  Let me describe it:

	It's approx. 2X4X6 inches.  On one side it has three terminals.
The first is labeled "J1" and is a male socket with three rather thin
prongs.  Im guessing these are +, -, and ground for a 120VAC input,
though they do seem kinda small for 120.  This socket has groves such
that it could only be connected in one orientation to it's mate.

The second is labeled "J2" and is obviously a HV output; having a thick
rubber grommet around a thickly insulated wire.  The end has one of those
suction cup things and I'm guessing it was ment to power a CRT.  CRTs are