[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spherical discharge terminal

From: 	Mike Hammer[SMTP:mhammer-at-misslink-dot-net]
Sent: 	Monday, June 23, 1997 4:57 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Spherical discharge terminal

At 03:42 PM 6/22/97 -0500, you wrote:

> [...]

Ed,
I have had this same effect many times. I have only noticed
it while using a spherical terminal.

While my coil is not really high power I have had this single
snake like streamer out to about 28 inches. I have had them last
up to 30 seconds. Any air movement seems to disrupt it.

What I notice if one begins while I have the variac setting rather
low is that more power tends to make them thicker rather than longer.
I have had them as thick around as my thumb.

Very unusual and interesting effect.

TTYL!
Mike Hammer
mhammer-at-misslink-dot-net