[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Plastics (bottle)

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Monday, June 23, 1997 6:55 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Plastics (bottle)

On Monday, June 23, 1997 2:42 PM Malcolm Watts
[SMTP:MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz] wrote;

> Hi Leyden Jar fans,
>                      There are some great bottles out there begging
> to be used in this application. Here I get an endless stream of
> Minolta photocopier toner bottles, some of which I've saved rather
> than see dumped. They have a relatively thick wall, are made of high
> density polyethylene and you can get several hundred pF per bottle.
> You can clean the remaining toner out of them with a moderate power
> jet of _cold_ water.

Malcolm, although there is certainly nothing wrong with using bottles
as Leyden jars, that's not quite what I had in mind! I was thinking
more along the lines of cutting the ends off the bottles and slitting
the resultant tube down one side to get sheets to build up into
capacitors, and imerse the end result in oil to eliminate coronal
leakage ect.
                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/