[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Strange Black Box...

From: 	Bert Hickman[SMTP:bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, June 26, 1997 8:54 AM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: Strange Black Box...

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

Brandon,

This sounds like a small HV DC Power supply for a CRT system made by
Hughes Aircraft in Fullerton, CA. While good for HV DC experiments, it
would not be robust enough for disruptive discharge Tesla Coiling. Since
the unit may be powered off other than 120 VAC (it could be a DC-DC
convereter for example), I'd recommend calling up either the
manufacturer (Venus), or the OEM customer (Hughes) to see if they'll
provide you with any information or a data sheet on the unit before
potentially smoking it with 120VAC on the inputs...

Safe High Voltin' to you!

-- Bert H --