[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 3 Secondary Coils

From: 	Alfred A. Skrocki[SMTP:alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com]
Sent: 	Thursday, June 26, 1997 2:21 PM
To: 	Tesla List
Subject: 	Re: 3 Secondary Coils

On Sunday, June 22, 1997 2:57 PM Gary Weaver
[SMTP:gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net] wrote;

> I made 3 secondary coils exactly the same physical size but each coil is
> wound differently.  All coils are wound on 4" PVC pipe 13.5" long.  The
> power supply is 15K 30 ma.  Cap = .01 uf.   I am using a Richard Quick spark
> gap .025 each gap x 8 gaps. The high humidity here may have some effect on
> the length of the spark output.  It has rained every day for 4 weeks except
> yesterday.  It has rained all day today, humidity is 100%.  With all this
> water the ground system should have a good connection.
>
> Secondary coil # 1 is 4.5" dia x 13" long.  #24 wire.   600 turns.  12284
> uh.  548 KHZ.  16.6 ohms.  Close wound single layer.
>
> Secondary coil # 2 is 4.5" dia x 13" long.  #24 wire.  600 turns.   12284
> uh.  548 KHZ.  8.3 ohms.  Close wound.   2 coils each 600 turns with one
> coil wound over the other.  The 2 coils are connected in parallel.
>
> Secondary coil # 3 is 4.5" dia x 13" long.  #24 wire.  300 turns.  3071 uh.
> 1096 KHZ.  4.1 ohms.    2 wires wound side by side close wound.  Each coil
> is 300 turns.  The 2 coils are connected in parallel.
>

> Test # 1.  The primary is flat 1/4" copper tubing 1/4" spacing.  Toroid is
> 5" x 11".

> Test #2.  The primary is 30 degree, not flat.  3/8" copper 3/8" space.
> Toroid is 4" x 16"

First I want to commend you on your effort! I would like to point out
though that you are changing too many variables in your experiments
ie. between test #1 and #2 you not only changed the primary from flat
to a 30 degree inverted cone but you also went to a larger toroid, so
it is impossible to say which of these changes or if it required both
to get the increased output your results show. In the future only
change 1 variable and keep every thing else the same, this is the
only way to truly determine what is happening.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/