[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Foil Caps (was Cap Pr (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 19:20:52 GMT
From: Robert Michaels <robert.michaels-at-online.sme-dot-org>
To: mod1-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: Foil Caps (was Cap Pr

M>Julian,
M>        Thanks for that - it was the insight I needed.  The copper pipe
M>centre is the key.  My problem with using al foil has been the delicacy of
M>the stuff when it comes to forming terminals.  Using the pipe up the centre
M>as the 2nd terminal will do the trick.  Did you find you need any special
M>insulation on that - or just a few turns of tape ?

M>Anyway.  I will pop out to the supermarket this morning and have a go at
M>that.  Thanks again...

M>Ken

        If any are of a mind to "pop out to the supermarket" I strongly
        recommend "popping out" to a cash-and-carry type of wholesale
        grocery.  (See Yellow Pages, in the U.S.)

        Such groceries have foil in  l o n g  rolls.   Many such
        also have foil in pre-cut 12" x 12" squares.  And the cost
        per unit length is apt to be much lower than in a supermarket.

        And do get the heavy-grade (so-called broiler) foil.  The
        regular stuff is so flimsy that using it is like trying to
        whittle Jello.

                                Robert Michaels,

                                On a roll, in Detroit -  USA