[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why does top capacitance work? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 00:03:50 +0000
From: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <mod1-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Why does top capacitance work? (fwd)

At 04:50 AM 2/28/97 +0000, you wrote:

> [...]

  Brent -

I tried to make a hot-wire ammeter (Curtis book) several years ago but I
found it required craftsmanship that I do not have. However, in one of my
books I show how I measured the secondary current of a small TC using a
light bulb and light meter. This works good but has limited range so several
lamps and calibrations are needed to measure different size TC's.

The lamp integrates the pulses and is unaffected by frequency like meters.
To make this a true wattmeter would require multipling the current by the
voltage using additional electronic circuits. Refer to Dave Sharpe's posting.

John H. Couture