[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why does top capacitance work? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 00:03:53 +0000
From: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <mod1-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Why does top capacitance work? (fwd)

At 04:00 AM 2/28/97 +0000, you wrote:

> [...]

Dave -

I was pleased to hear of someone on the Tesla List who had actually built a
true wattmeter. I am a retired EE and several years ago I ran into this
problem when I specified controls for variable speed motors. The motors were
for a water treatment plant that used several 60 to 200 HP motors. The speed
was controlled by varying the frequency pulses. The utility used standard
meters and several problems arose. There are many of these variable
frequency drives (VFD) around now and utilities use electronic metering.

Large computer systems with switching power supplies are also a metering
problem. Large Tesla coil systems connected to standard meters may not be
correctly metered. However, Richard Hull and a few other coilers are
probably getting a bargin.

Will contact you directly.

John H. Couture