[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Why does top capacitance work? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 19:46:20 -0500 (EST)
From: richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <mod1-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Why does top capacitance work? (fwd)

snipola

>> I would be interested in hearing comments on how the true wattage input
>> could be metered so we can compare the classical TC with the magnifier.
>>
>> John Couture
>

>John -
>
>  What about the classic hot-wire ammeter of years gone by? You would
>get a nicely averaged/integrated representation of the current at
>least.
>
>- Brent
>

>Brent, John,

The hot wire ammeter would just give is time averaged (integrated) amps.  we
have no time averaged voltage to gowith it.

I would imagine the best shot would be to use a Wideband CT like a Pearson
in the tank and a Pearson wideband capacitive divider for voltage reading.
Hook to two channels of a  digital storage scope, select a math function of
A X B and the resultant crazy  waveform would be in true watts
(instantaneous over time).  We would only have to time average (integrate)
it over a second to get the RMS watts.  Problem is, there would be lots of
noise and the instruments would be at risk in all but a very small system.
This would give RMS power actually in the tank.

Richard Hull, TCBOR