[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [Fwd: new cap]

-- BEGIN included message

<<

 << Sunday I finished my second poly plate capacitor. I now have 6000
  picofarads. What I would like to know is how long I should let it degass
  before I put it to work? The first  cap was no problem since I built it
  months before I completed the rest of the coil. I'm just itching to see
  how much more output I get with all that extra stored energy!

                                     Frankensteins Helper
                                              Max

 Max,

 The standard response I get on this question is 2 weeks.  It helps to shake
it every once in a while as you can usually see some air bubbles come up when
you do this.  The first few times you use it, you might want to close up your
gaps some to limit the voltage until you get some run time on it.

 Ed Sonderman >>

-- END included message