[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [Fwd: new cap]

-- BEGIN included message

Tesla List wrote:

> Subject: Re: [Fwd: new cap]
> Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 19:48:41 -0500 (EST)
> From: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
> To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

> <<
>  In a message dated 97-03-04 05:09:46 EST, you write:
>
>  << Sunday I finished my second poly plate capacitor. I now have 6000
>   picofarads. What I would like to know is how long I should let it degass
>   before I put it to work? The first  cap was no problem since I built it
>   months before I completed the rest of the coil. I'm just itching to see
>   how much more output I get with all that extra stored energy!
>

>                                      Frankensteins Helper
>                                               Max
>    >>
>  Max,
>
>  The standard response I get on this question is 2 weeks.  It helps to shake
> it every once in a while as you can usually see some air bubbles come up when
> you do this.  The first few times you use it, you might want to close up your
> gaps some to limit the voltage until you get some run time on it.
>
>  Ed Sonderman >>

  Could'nt wait any longer I ran the cap in the coil the other night at
low power and it worked great! I only turned the variac up to 65%
though, and closed up the gap. I will slowly increase power on the
variac with a few more runs, and open up the gap again in about a week.

                                      Frankenstiens Helper
                                              Max

-- END included message