[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [Fwd: Capacitor Delivery.]

-- BEGIN included message

Tesla List wrote:

> Subject: Capacitor Delivery.
> Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 17:19:04 -0600
> From: Chuck Curran <ccurran-at-execpc-dot-com>
> To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>
> Hello All:
>     Well, I finally was rewarded for being patient in waiting quietly
> for Plastic Capacitors, Inc. to make and deliver my new cap.  Last night
> about 5:30 PM the UPS truck pulled up and there was my .05 mfd -at- 30,ooo
> VAC cap., ordered on 1/2/97.  They did a great pakaging job and it was
> clearly labeled as "Delicate Electronics".  That might be stretching
> things, but the carton was in excellent shape.  I hope to be able to
> resonate first the secondary with the new toroid, which I finished the
> rough assembly on last night and now with the cap I can ball park the
> primary circuit too.  In the basement things are just too close together
> to do anything exact--the toroid will be witin inches of the suspended
> ceiling and all the steel rail supports for it, but what the heck, it
> will be fun just getting a rough cut idea as to where things are.  I
> guess I really just want to pretend it's ready to go.
>     All that's left now is tape coating the toroid O.D. with aluminum
> tape, the spacer for the top of the secondary to mount the toroid on and
> then connecting up the primary components and positioning things for a K
> of around .22, if I can!  Hope to be 100% done now in about two weeks.
> I looked at Bill Wysock's web site after the information on it was
> posted last week.  It was real interesting and I decided to send an
> e-mail to him.  He was nice enough to reply right away -- he'd be
> another positive addition to the group!  That's all for now, back to the
> basement
>
> Chuck

Hi Chuck,

	Congratulations on getting your new cap, I know it's exciting,
good luck with your project.
	 I have been thinking of getting a cap with the same specs.I was
curious about the cost and if they have a part number or anything to
order this size tesla service cap with? Do they indicate the max
suggested break rate it can handle,etc.?
	Hope to here more about your project on the list.

Rick L. Kirby

-- END included message