[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

165 foot sparks

-- BEGIN included message

Sence we are all interested in makeing sparks and seeing sparks I thought I
would mention this.  Although this is not Tesla I think many may be
interested.

Oak Ridge in Knoxville TN. has a free museum.  They demonstrate a small Van
DeGraff several times a day at the museum.  About 10 miles from the museum is
a 16 story building housing the worlds largest Van DeGraff generator.  I was
told at the museum that visitors can enter the building and look at the Van
DeGraff threw the glass windows.  This Van GeGraff produces 165 foot long
sparks.  No one is allowed inside the generator room while it is running but
you can look threw the glass.

I have seen the building from a distance but not been inside yet.  I arrived
late and stayed at the museum until it closed and didn't have time to visit
the Van DeGraff. I stopped at the museum last summer on a return trip from
Washington D.C. where I visited the Smithsonian for a week.  The Smithsonian
is free also, your tax money pays for it.  The Smithsonian is the only place
in the United States that I know of where you can spend your 2 week vacation
and its all FREE.  Your tax money paid for it so you should see it.  Vacation
season is on it way so check these things out.

I have seen lots of pictures of Tesla's Tower and Coils.  Does any of this
stuff still exist somewhere in a museum?  If so where is it?

Gary Weaver

-- END included message