[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 2 simple questions - SCR devices - continued]

-- BEGIN included message

William Noble wrote:

> I don't have any SCR reference material handy, but I seem to recall that even
> farily small SCRs can handle several thousand amps (peak), and that the large
> ones peak over 10,000 amps - If my memory is correct, they should be ideal to
> simulate a spark gap.

Just remember to calculate the di/dt thru the SCR if you're going to use one
in a TC.  Typ di/dt ratings of SCR's are only about 200A/uS, making them
unsuitable for normal TC use.  Di/dt failure is a common form of of SCR death.

-GL

-- END included message