[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Please don't MIME

  Date:
        Fri, 14 Mar 1997 13:08:52 -0500
  From:
        "Robert W. Stephens" <rwstephens-at-headwaters-dot-com>
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

> Help
>
> Some of the messages are very hard to read
> because they have been sent in MIME format. It
> comes out as just a mess for all of us without
> mime readers. I know I can probably download
> a bit of software from somewhere and process
> these messages but frankly its much easier
> just to delete them unread.
>
> Please could we all try to stick
> to plain ascii text.
>
> By the way is anyone virus checking the programs
> before they are posted on the list?
>
> Have fun,
>
> Alan Sharp
>
> Mime - as much use as people walking into
> glass walls which aren't actually there.

Alan,

Good for you.  I didn't know what the tarnation was going on exactly,
but it was damned annoying.  I'm also getting messages in HTML which
are even worse! My mail software doesn't display color but somehow I
was seeing red!  Cut it out, you know who you are!

Another terrific opportunity to employ the K.I.S.S. principal.

Cheers,
rwstephens