[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Chat line

  Date:
        Mon, 17 Mar 1997 03:29:13 -0500 (EST)
  From:
        Paul Anderson <paul-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net>
    To:
        Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Sun, 16 Mar 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> I use I.R.C. (Internet Relay Chat) quite a bit.  I have thought of
> establishing a channel for coilers to meet in and talk over various
> ideas in
> real-time.  Anyone out there interested?  All I need to register a
> channel
> is 5-10 e-mail address of people willing to say that they would support
> and
> use the room.

Rubbish, to create a new channel on IRC just go off and do it...  You
need
to pester someone to get a newsgroup(unless you run your own
newsserver),
but not a channel on IRC.  Simple, go on your favourite IRC server,
browse
the list of channels and join one that doesn't exist.  It'll be
automatically created with you as the channel operator.  TTYL!

                            ---
                        Paul Anderson
                   paul-at-geeky1.ebtech-dot-net
    Author of Star Spek(a tongue in cheek pun on Star trek)
e-mail: starspek-request-at-lowdown-dot-com with subscribe as the subject
I hear it's hilarious.               Maintainer of the Tips-HOWTO.
          http://www-dot-netcom-dot-com/~tonyh3/speck.html
 "42?!  Four and a half million years and all you can come up with is
42?!!!"