[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Primaries

Subject:
        Primaries
  Date:
        Sat, 22 Mar 1997 21:33:28 -0500 (EST)
  From:
        "Jason Edward Pecor" <pecorjas-at-pilot.msu.edu>
    To:
        tesla-at-pupman-dot-com (Tesla List)

I now have my secondary complete, and am looking for some information to
decide
what type of primary I should make for best results.  I am building a
small
coil and am using a 15kv 30 ma neon sign transformer.  And my secondary
is 15
inches tall on 4" pvc with 23 gauge wire.  I'm wondering if I should
make a
flat "pankake primary", one on a 30 degree incline, or one of straight
concentric spirals.  What kind of results have people gotten with these
and
what seems to work best.  Also can anyone recomend a good spark gap
design to
use with my coil.

Thanks...

JP