[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Neumann's integral for mutual inductance

        Re: Neumann's integral for mutual inductance
  Date:
        Wed, 26 Mar 1997 04:03:08 -0700
  From:
        "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
    To:
        "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

To: Dr. Rzeszotarski:

Found your comments on the 4:1 ratio interesting.  We have constructed a
number of loose coupled classical resonators and found the 4:1 ratio
also
to be very effective with resonators in the 18 to 36 inch dia.    We
usually shoot for 900-1000 turns on the secondary inductor as an optimum
value with loose coupling.  With smaller dia. resonators such as 2-3
inch
dia. a ratio of 6:1 to 7:1 seems to optimize.  Again with loose coupling
in
the classic pri-sec coil configuration (non-magnifier).

If time permits please post  a short example of using Neumann's line
integral in the calculation for a classic coil configuration.  I thought
this was interesting.  We have measured mutual inductance of several
resonators but are unfamilar with this integral application.  Please
post
some information so we can test this theory against our practical
measurements.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net