[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sideband Production

       Date:
            Tue, 25 Mar 1997 11:36:40 +1200
       From:
            "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
         To:
            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Hi all,
         Time for me to correct another statement in this piece. The
equations f1 = fo/SQRT(1+k) and f2 = fo/SQRT(1-k) show that as k tends
to 1, the frequencies become 0.7fo and infinity respectively. It has
been said before that they tend to zero and infinity and until I
checked, I had just repeated what others had said in the past.
     I consulted with Bert Hickman on why 0.7fo might be so, and I
think we agree that it is the result of the two circuit's impedances
shunting one another. But it may not be that simple either. 0.7fo
makes sense if the surge impedances are equal but not much if things
are otherwise. I wonder if those two equations are conditional on the
surge impedances of the two circuits being equal?
     Must check up on that.

Malcolm