[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: spare magnetron

  Date:
        Sat, 29 Mar 1997 08:34:29 -0800 (PST)
  From:
        "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
    To:
        tesla-at-stic-dot-net

Re: "Do you tie it into the -300V. or just
ground it and float the whole pri side?"
        I connect the "bottom" (inside) of the secondary to
ground (when it's available), as don't want the high voltage
to have the AC line voltage connected to it, even though the
transformer secondary resistance is of the order of 8500 ohms.
I have also connected to the AC line through a 4700 uufd
3 kV capacitor in parallel with an MOV transient suppressor.
Ed