[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE measuring inductance

Subject:       RE measuring inductance
       Date:   Thu, 01 May 1997 20:01:28 GMT
       From:   robert.michaels-at-online.sme-dot-org (Robert Michaels)
         To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

        My quick and dirty supposition is that the amount of current
        which was able to pass thru the capacitor was not sufficient
        to overcome the threshold of the LED.

        The device of choice for this sort of test is an rf ammeter,
        or, failing that, a very small =incandescent= lamp.

                Are you sure the LED is good?  Did you test it
                =after= the disappointing results you obtained?

                Likewise, the capacitor?

                                        Physics - now and forever,

                                        Robert Michaels - Detroit, USA

[ ... ]

T>Instead of putting my signal generator away I tried doing the same
T>measurement again but this time with the coil, capacitor and led in
T>series.
T>Since this is a series LCR circuit I expected the led to remain dark
T>except
T>for at the resonant freq when it would be brightly illuminated.
However