[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Kitchen oven

Subject:   Kitchen oven
  Date:    Thu, 01 May 1997 19:18:28 -0700
  From:    Gary Weaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
    To:    tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

I have found by putting a neon transformer in the kitchen oven and
melting the tar it brings bad neons back to life.  It removes
the carbon tracks that short the neons out and it removes the cracks in
the tar.

Test #1  I put 2 Jefferson Electric neons in the oven at 300 degrees for
3 hours.  The tar melted and was a very thick liquid.  I
did not remove the case or the top cover.  After 3 hours the hot tar
expanced and some of it extruded out around the high
voltage insulators.  There is a small amount of smoke and a tar smell.
I let it cool for several hours then tested them both.

15K 30 ma date 6911 was shorted on 1 side and now it works as good as
new.
15K 30 ma date 8704 was shorted on 1 side and now it works as good as
new.

I connected them one at a time to my TC and tested them.  I ran 6911 for
5 minutes non stop and 8704 ran for 15 minutes
non stop also.

Test #2  I put a Luminous neons in the oven at 200 degrees for 3 hours.
The tar in this neon must be different than the tar in
the Jefferesons because it melts at a lower temperature.  When I removed
the neon from the kitchen oven I could hear and feel
the liquid moving inside the case.   I did not remove the case or top
cover.  There is no smoke and no tar smell.  I let it cool for
several hours and it tested good also.

12K 30ma date 7106 was shorted on both sides and now it works as good as
new.

I connected it to my TC and ran it non stop for 15 minutes.

Test #3  I put a Jefferson Electric and 2 Franceformers in the oven at
200 for 2 hours.  Increased the temperature to 250 for
another hour.  The tar in the Fransformers melted and I removed them
from the oven.  Increased the temperature to 300 for
another hours.  The tar in the Jefferson neon will not turn to liquid.
Some of the hot tar extruded out around the high voltage
insulators on the Jefferson and is still very stiff at 300 degrees.
There is no smoke or tar smell.  I let them all cool for several
hours and tested it.

15K 30 ma NO date Jefferson was shorted on 1 side and is still shorted
on the same side.
15K 30 ma Fransformer was shorted on 1 side and now it works as good as
new.
15K 30 ma Fransformer was shorted on 1 side and now it works as good as
new.

I ran each Fransformer on my TC for 10 minutes each non stop and they
both are doing fine.

Looks like if the tar in a neon can be melted in the case the neon will
come back to life again.  Naturally this will not work on a
secondary coil that is fried.  But it has works 5 out of 6 times on
neons that probably shorted out from carbon tracking.

Gary Weaver