[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Kitchen oven

Subject:        Re: Kitchen oven
       Date:    Sat, 03 May 1997 08:34:57 -0700
       From:    Bert Hickman <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com>
         To:    Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Tesla List wrote:

> Subject:   Kitchen oven
>   Date:    Thu, 01 May 1997 19:18:28 -0700
>   From:    Gary Weaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
>     To:    tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>
> I have found by putting a neon transformer in the kitchen oven and
> melting the tar it brings bad neons back to life.  It removes
> the carbon tracks that short the neons out and it removes the cracks in
> the tar.

<SNIP>

> Looks like if the tar in a neon can be melted in the case the neon will
> come back to life again.  Naturally this will not work on a
> secondary coil that is fried.  But it has works 5 out of 6 times on
> neons that probably shorted out from carbon tracking.
>
> Gary Weaver

Gary,

My wife wouldn't let me try this! :^) I did try putting one in my
Webber, but I couldn't control the temperature very well for a long
enough time.

Sounds like you've discovered a potential time saver - just cook 'em for
a while and see if they fix themselves! If not... pitch 'em unless you
want to use the cores or primary for something else.

Safe coilin' to you!

-- Bert --