[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE Re: DUH! (torroids)

Subject:     RE Re: DUH! (torroids)
       Date: Sat, 03 May 1997 19:47:32 GMT
       From: robert.michaels-at-online.sme-dot-org (Robert Michaels)
         To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

        Don't feel badly -- or alone.  The overly casual use of
        "torroids" gave more than a few of us a case of mental
        hemorrhoids.

        Ferrite cores for rf chokes need not be torroidal.  There
        are bobbin, pot, and rectangular form factors.   I modestly
        propose the term  = rf-choke core =  be used, or   = ferrite
        core =  if it is truly that.

T>Gee, I feel dumb! I saw the word torroid and assumed output terminal.
T>Sorry, Chip for thinking that you might entertain such an idea.

T>--

T>     Rick Holland

T>     The Answer is 42.

         42?   Sounds like a really uncomfortable position
         (must be something from "The Kama Sutra").  I think I'll just
         stick with plain old 69 ;->

                                      Preparation H for all, from --
                                      Detroit, USA

                                      Robert Michaels