[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Lightning Generator

Subject:  Re: Lightning Generator
  Date:   Sun, 4 May 1997 12:13:04 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Sat, 03 May 1997 19:40:55 EDT Mark S Graalman
wb8jkr-at-juno-dot-com wrote;

>    I'm afraid I'd have to disagree with that statement Robert, static
> simply implies potential, not AC or DC. A lightning stroke has a
> fast rise time, it is a RF voltage.

Your partialy right Mark. Static really means not moving as in the
charge on a Van De Graff BEFORE any spark appears. It has nothing to
do with potential just an accumulation of electrons on a surface.
Once the electrons move as in a spark they are no longer static but
constitute an electric current, either A.C or D.C depending on
whether the current flows only in one direction which is D.C. or
if it is oscillatory (changes direction) which is A.C.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/