[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Kitchen oven

Subject:  Re: Kitchen oven
  Date:  Sun, 4 May 1997 11:46:18 +0500
  From:  "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Sat, 03 May 1997 08:34:57 -0700 Bert Hickman
<bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com> wrote;

> Tesla List wrote:
> >
> > Subject:   Kitchen oven
> >   Date:    Thu, 01 May 1997 19:18:28 -0700
> >   From:    Gary Weaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
> >     To:    tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> >
> > I have found by putting a neon transformer in the kitchen oven and
> > melting the tar it brings bad neons back to life.  It removes
> > the carbon tracks that short the neons out and it removes the cracks in
> > the tar.
> >
> <SNIP>
>
> > Looks like if the tar in a neon can be melted in the case the neon will
> > come back to life again.  Naturally this will not work on a
> > secondary coil that is fried.  But it has works 5 out of 6 times on
> > neons that probably shorted out from carbon tracking.
> >
> > Gary Weaver
>
> Gary,
>
> My wife wouldn't let me try this! :^) I did try putting one in my
> Webber, but I couldn't control the temperature very well for a long
> enough time.

Actually Bert you can do it on a bar-B-Q grill. Ther is a portable
sheet metal oven available in camping supply store, it has a
thermometer built in and is set up so you can easily raise and lower
it over the hot coals. They control temperature well enough to cook
good loaves of bread and I don't think the transformers are that
touchy.

> Sounds like you've discovered a potential time saver - just cook 'em for
> a while and see if they fix themselves! If not... pitch 'em unless you
> want to use the cores or primary for something else.

I agree with you Bert, Gary has discovered a true time saver!

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/