[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Oil Cap + Paper

Subject:   Re: Oil Cap + Paper
  Date:    Tue, 6 May 1997 11:11:39 -0400 (EDT)
  From:    Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com
    To:    tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

--snip--
<< brought it up to full power and then ran it for 15 minutes
continuous.
 It
 was cool as a cucumber and not a hint of corona. I only tested it at
 12KV
 using a 30 ma neon so far, but with the equivalent of 120 mils of poly
 this
 baby should be good for quite a bit of voltage. Does anyone out there
 know
 what the maximum AC RMS voltage rating would be? I don't have a list
 with
 polypropylene on it handy.  >>

Fr.Tom,

My latest rolled poly cap was also made with two layers of .062 poly.
My
experience is one .062 layer is good for no more than 9 kv ac in Tesla
coil
service.  I would guess two layers should be rock solid at 15 kv and
maybe
good up close to 20 kv since we have two dielectric layers and oil
between
them.  Good research on the paper - I think it is a good idea.

Ed Sonderman