[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

line wraps/last

Subject:  line wraps/last
  Date:   Mon, 5 May 97 09:48:12 EDT
  From:   pierson-at-ggone.ENET.dec-dot-com

mail11:;;;;;-at-us4rmc.pko.dec-dot-com-at-us4rmc.pko.dec-dot-com-at-unknown.domain.pupman-dot-com;;;;;;;;
(-at-teslatech)
    CC:
        pierson-at-ggone.ENET.dec-dot-com

>Lately, the Tesla list serve has a lot of messages that wrap around and
>one
>word ends up on the next line by itself. Robert  Michaels wrote
>something to
>the effect to one of the posters "please limit your line length to 70
characters"" but also said "do not insert carriage returns in each
>line".
>Well, I for one, use Eudora Pro, and it does not allow me to set line
>length, and it does not insert soft carriage returns, and the only way I
>would have of limiting lines to 70 characters is to insert hard carriage
>returns.
        'we' use a lot of different mailers.  a cure for one may not be
        a cure for all.  'mine' is 'raw text'.  I'll try to limit to
        about this length, but i don't 'like' it.  Since i see postings
        from lots of peple getting trimmed to length, i ASSume its
taking place
        in the listserver, which seems to be wrapping at 70.  [i left
        that last line at about 78, it should wrap one word.]
        Previous to about 1 week back this was not happening.

        regards
        dwp