[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor Const. ?

Subject: Re: Capacitor Const. ?
  Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 12:48:26 -0400 (EDT)
  From: Chip Atkinson <chip-at-XiG-dot-com>
    To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Wed, 7 May 1997, Tesla List wrote:

> Subject:  Capacitor Const. ?
>   Date:   Tue, 6 May 1997 16:42:46 -0400 (EDT)
>   From:   "Jason Edward Pecor" <pecorjas-at-pilot.msu.edu>
>     To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com (Tesla List)
>

> Can someone give me instructions on how to build a good capacitor that
> won't
> cost too much, can be used with a 15KV neaon sign transformer, and be
> made
> without a vaccume pump.....
>
> Thanks,
>

> Jason Pecor

Jason,

Download the file keely.hvcap.zip from ftp.funet.fi in
/pub/sci/electrical/tesla/misc.  You don't necessarily need a vacuum
pump.
If you let the cap sit for a while it should work OK.  One coiling
friend
of mine used the vacuum line of his car's carburetor.  Other than that
he
has no vacuum apparatus.

Chip

What this world needs is a good five-dollar plasma weapon.