[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Golka coil specs

Subject:      Re: Golka coil specs
       Date:  Mon, 12 May 1997 15:28:01 +1200
       From:  "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
         To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Hi Richard, all,

<snip of coil spec>
> I have several video tapes of Golka's system in action and have
> interpolated from prints take from the best video still frames and
> he was getting up to 30 foot sparks probably more.  The reason he
> got them was the structure of the ceiling girder work attracted the
> sparks.  Sort of an optimum height attractor.  With a Toroid of
> proper proportions the system would have been awesome.
>
> We also have some closeups of his metering and in one run we
> calculate 200KVA from the meters.  I still say he is the guy to
> beat for world record setting sparks.  Unfortunately his approach
> was rather monkey see, monkey do.  (Mimed Teslas 1899 system very
> closely.)  His efficiency seems awfully low to say the least.
>
> Richard Hull, TCBOR

I think it is a tribute to Greg Leyh's engineering skills that he has
scored 30' with 1/3 of the power Robert Golka was using. This remark
might be offbeat, but I have heard from a coiler I respect highly that
Golka's theoretical skills are somewhat lacking.
    I'd also like to suggest to new list members/first time coilers
that you have some of the best coilers in the world present on this
list to help you with your projects (too many to name and does not
include myself).

Malcolm