[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Formulas wanted!(toroid, helical)

Subject:      Re: Formulas wanted!(toroid, helical)
       Date:  Mon, 12 May 1997 09:28:35 +1200
       From:  "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
         To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Hi Matt,
         You're gonna love this....

>   From:   tesla <tesla-at-ixx.se>
>     To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>

> Hi.
>
> I'd like to get the correct formula for calculating the capacitance
> on a toroid terminal.

There isn't one for a toroid attached to a coil - yet!  We are
working on it. When I get some more of the charting done, I think
this one might be cracked at last. If you could see how many
different sized terminals end up with the same capacitance when
plonked on top of different sized coils....
    Think of it as being an extension of the coil (cylinder) and
adding to its size.....

> I have the formula for calculating the inductance of a helical
> primary, but what means "Average radius" and "Average height".

For a helix, the height is pretty well fixed in concrete as is the
radius.

Malcolm