[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Arc Transmitter

Subject:    Re: Arc Transmitter
      Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 11:42:50 -0700
      From: David Trimmell <dwt-at-efn-dot-org>
        To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hello,

"However, because the coil DOES radiate, running a high power
modulated Tesla Coil could result in your equipment being confiscated
and a nasty fine. This may be one experiment you'd want to skip. :^)

Safe coilin' to you!

-- Bert --"

 I am very interested in modulating a Tube coil and am unsure of how to
go about it. I curently am running off of AC with the Tubes self
rectifying for 60 PPS + to the plates, for voice modulation you would
have to run it as CW, so with a fullwave rectifier and heavy filtration
I should be able to get that, correct? This is running off of a
Microwave oven Transformer (2400V-at-500mA). Now where would the Modulation
circuit be? In the Grid leak circuit? You would need a audio amp? What
power etc.? If anyone has done this or knows how I would, and others
also I'm sure, would be greatfull for instructions.
 Now as far as the FCC is concerned, as long as these devices are
opperated with proper Faraday shielding, theres nothing they can do. I
believe the most important thing is to not be a nuisance to your
neighbers. Well, as little as possible!

David Trimmell