[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Just One Pop

Subject: Re: Just One Pop
  Date:  Mon, 12 May 1997 21:45:06 -0500 (CDT)
  From: rwall-at-ix-dot-netcom-dot-com (Richard Wayne Wall)
    To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

5/12/97

RH wrote:

snip

>  The mystery still elludes me a bit, but I am sure it is some obvious
>oversight.  If not, then what gives?  It amazes me that the voltage
>recorded on a given sphere leaps instantly to a huge negative value
>while the accumulated coulombic charge slowly rises to some positive
>value.
>
>Puzzled still,
>
>Richard Hull, TCBOR

In brief recap of my electrostatic experiments last year, the same
general coil configuration was use in continous mode with the small
brass ball terminal at very low power.  An electrostatic charge was
collected on a square Al target suspended by monofiliment nylon line
within fairly close range of the TC.  The charge was collected by a
mica cap and measured with an electrostatic VM. This charge build up
had a slow rise also and at close range was up to 10 kV.  It was always
positive.  The positive polarity on the cap was authenticated with
digital and analog VMs.  Also, while in rubber soled shoes and holding
the positive lead of a grounded digital VM during continous TC mode, a
positive polarity voltage was produced.

My prior experimental results were essentially the opposite of your
your prior findings. They do not negate or discredit your findings in
the least.  Now my recent experiments confirm your original negative
polarity findings.  All this serves to illustrate that polarity of TC
induced electrostatic charge may be either positive or negative.  It's
not important to have it only one way or the other now in order to
establish this or that theory as to the mechanism of charge generation.

It's a matter of differing variables, particuraly spatial geometries
and frequencies.  Commonly understood charge vectors play no part.