[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: K Factors

Subject:  Re: K Factors
Date:     Tue, 13 May 1997 02:36:22 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Sun, 11 May 1997 21:36:18 +0000 John H. Couture
<couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net> wrote;

>   To All -
>
>   Coilers who wish to experiment with the K Factors (coupling) of their
> coils may not realize that they do not have to move the secondary coil
> in relation to the primary coil. The K Factor can be changed by adding
> turns to the top of the secondary coil. The secondary can be built with
> this in mind.

John please explain how you add turns to the top of a secondary
without inviting coronal breakout! I'm damn good at soldering and
I have no problem soldering even #36 awg without bumps but I've never
been able to insulate the solder joint sufficently to prevent coronal
break out. Please share the secret with us all.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/