[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Big Tiode

Subject:  Big Tiode
  Date:   Mon, 12 May 1997 09:44:52 +1000
  From:   Ralph Down <rjdown-at-fan-dot-net.au>
    To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Hi All,
I went to a local Hamfest last weekend and scored a large triode tube
(valve).  It is a Philips TB 4/1250
about 4 1/2" diameter and 6" tall with a very substantial anode.  I have
tried searching on the web for info on this tube, but so far no luck.
Does anyone have any data on this tube? - anode voltage, heater voltage,
wattage, pin out etc?
I hope to use this as a tube tesla coil using a microwave oven
transformer (2Kv)
I also scored 2 Ducon mica capacitors .0002 at 7KV and .001 at 11KV. I
am
hoping these will form the basis for a decent tank circuit.
All the above items, plus a ceramic base for the tube cost me $15
(Australian).  The Tube was new in original carton!
Any help on Tube Tesla coils would be most welcome.
Regards
Ralph Down
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday....... and everything
is O.K.