[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Illegal

Subject:  Re: Illegal
  Date:   Tue, 13 May 1997 03:33:43 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Mon, 12 May 1997 21:17:08 -0700 Gary Weaver
<gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net> wrote;

> My wife is worried to death that Tesla Coils are illegal and the police
> will come and arrest me for having them so I have to ask this qustion to
> please here.  Personally I think this is stupid but my wife has gone into a
> panic sence the police came the other night.
>
> Has anyone ever been arrested for having or operating a Tesla Coil?

In terms of any municiple police I never heard of a single case.
BUT in terms of the F.C.C. YES I have known several people who had
their equipent confiscated and got some hefty fines! This has not
happened in quite a while though.

> Are Tesla Coils illegal?

If it is not in a Faraday cage it is ilegal in terms of F.C.C.
regulations. I don't know of any city or state with any laws against
Tesla coils, you would have to have a savy lawyer look over the "blue
laws" to see if there is some odd law that a Tesla coil might fall
under.

> Does anyone think I will get arrested for operating a Tesla Coil?

I don't see how you could be arrested for operating a Tesla coil, BUT
you could get arrested for disturbing the piece! If your nutty
neighbor keeps complaining the police are going to get fed up
eventually and their not very likely to take it out on an old lady
so you will most likely become their target for venting their
frustration and irritation.

> Any comments of suggestion?

Make friends with your local police! Try to make friends with your
nutty neighbor. Get as many of your neighbors on your side as you
can! Do a demonstration for the neighborhood and be sure to invite
the policemen that came to your door, if your real lucky your nutty
neighbor will fly off the handle while the police are there to see
who is realy disturbing the piece!

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/