[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A blinding flash of the obvious

Subject:     A blinding flash of the obvious
      Date:  Tue, 13 May 1997 16:58:57 -0500
      From:  rickh-at-ghg-dot-net (Rick Holland)
        To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Tesla List wrote:

> I have long said that as the spark length grows, the power required goes
> up
> incredibly and dramatically.  This is regardless of skill level.
> Whether
> the builder uses a giant toroid, giant coil, or not.  Anyone who is
> observant and is used to working over 5-8 Kva will agree with this.  In
> low
> power coils, 300 watts per foot is a good rule of thumb.  To about 20
> feet
> of spark, this rule ups to about 1KW/foot!  Beyond 30 feet, another
> world is
> entered entirely.  These rules of thumb assume better than average
> skills.
>
> Richard Hull, TCBOR

Richard, All

I know this can't be an original thought, but it seems that air pressure
would have a distinct effect on TC operation. Imagine operating a TC in
a rarefied environment! I think it would be much like the operation of
gas discharge tubes. And with the proper resonating cavity and a couple
of superb reflectors, a TC excited laser! The mind boggles!

--

     Rick Holland

     The Answer is 42.