[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Illegal

Subject:       Re: Illegal
       Date:  Wed, 14 May 1997 00:32:37 -0700
       From:  Open Minded <bturner-at-apc-dot-net>
         To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Tesla List wrote:

> Subject:  Re: Illegal
>   Date:   Tue, 13 May 1997 19:39:41 -0700 (PDT)
>   From:  "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
>     To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>
> "Does anyone think I will get arrested for operating a Tesla Coil?
>
> Any comments of suggestion?"
>
> Gary:
>         Just follow the golden rule.  I'd get plenty irritated irf
> if one of my neighbors was running even my rather small coil outdoors
> after I had gone to bed.  Late night noises aren't welcome to those
> who have to get up early.  Inviting the neighbors out is the best
> idea.  That's what Bill Wysock, our local "big coiler" does, and
> apparently he lives in peace.
> Ed

Ed -

  Well, not in the last few years. Back around 1992 when I was
assisting and learning from Bill, we ran the coils around 8pm,
and sure enough, about 20 minutes after the arcs and sparks
stopped, we got the dancing flashlight beams of the Monrovia
PD over the fence...seems that a lot of the old neighbors
moved away, and the new owners/renters reported an 'electrical
disturbance'. (Not a noise disturbance.) We ran the coil for
the nice police officers and they thought it was cool!

- Brent