[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Transformer

Subject:  RE: Transformer
  Date:   Fri, 16 May 1997 02:31:51 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

>       Yes, I have made such a coil useing many microwave oven
>transformers.  It works great, and I have never burnt up a transformer.
>     See TCBA news, Jan 1994, or email me for mor info.
>
>                            Roger Smith

Hi Roger!!!

All,

Roger made one of the most fearsome DC based Tesla coil systems I have
ever
witnessed after Greg Leyh's coil!!!  We have it on one of our tapes.
The
thing is down right frightening.  It roars in his room within his home
and
absolutely flameing white (no blue) 6 foot arcs lash as the light
switches,
fixtures, walls, etc.  Its arcs move violently and extremely rapidly
about
like a wounded snake with a ungodly banshee like shrill scream.

Roger is one of the only people I have ever seen turn to good effort the
massive series connecting of large numbers of microwave transformers.
He
also used them for balasting.  Clever inventive and resourceful would
describe his system right after awesome!

Richard Hull, TCBOR