[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

HV + laser beams

Subject:  HV + laser beams
  Date:   Sat, 17 May 1997 03:30:27 +1000 (EST)
  From:   Rodney Davies <rgd872-at-anu.edu.au>
    To:   tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Hi all,

A few years ago I heard a theory (can't remember if it was proven or
not)
that a high-powered laser beam is surrounded by a field of plasma - a
good
electrical conductor.

This theory was supposed to be used for the attraction and conduction of
natural lightning as a possible power source....

Anyway, has anyone tried anything (silly I know...) of pointing a laser
beam (even small powered Helium-neon 0.5mW are supposed to work) at the
output of a TC?

The laser beam should become a kind of "wire"...

Hmmm, just a different experiment to try with a TC...

Anyone know anything about this concept?

thanks,

Catchya!

Rod