[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: K Factors

Subject:  Re: K Factors
  Date:   Fri, 16 May 1997 23:18:51 +0500
  From:   "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:    Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Wed, 14 May 1997 05:18:00 +0000 John H. Couture
<couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net> wrote;

>   Alfred -
>
>   Coronal breakout is always a possibility with Tesla coils because of
> the high voltages on the windings. However, I have had little difficulty
> with this problem because I use small coils for experimentation.

This is true and it can be difficult to anticipate. I tend to use
small secondaries to when experimenting, but how small do you mean?
I've gotten coronal breakouts on coils with 3 inch diameter
secondaries! As I had commented to a couple of others though it was
quite a while ago and there is better insulating compounds and
techniques available today, so I might try it again. If it works
(building a secondary of several short lengths of wire) it could be a
savings! I know I have a lot less dificulty finding short lengths of
wire than I do finding long continous lengths and their always
cheaper too!

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/