[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Illegal

Subject:       Re: Illegal
       Date:   Fri, 16 May 1997 11:06:15 -0700
       From:   Open Minded <bturner-at-apc-dot-net>
         To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Tesla List wrote:

> Subject:  Re: Illegal
>   Date:   Fri, 16 May 1997 00:35:16 -0400 (EDT)
>   From:   richard hull <rhull-at-richmond.infi-dot-net>
>     To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>
> At 01:00 AM 5/14/97 -0500, you wrote:
> >Subject:  Re: Illegal
> >  Date:   Tue, 13 May 1997 19:39:41 -0700 (PDT)
> >  From:  "Edward V. Phillips" <ed-at-alumni.caltech.edu>
> >    To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> >

> >"Does anyone think I will get arrested for operating a Tesla Coil?
> >
> >Any comments of suggestion?"
> >
> >Gary:
> >        Just follow the golden rule.  I'd get plenty irritated irf
> >if one of my neighbors was running even my rather small coil outdoors
> >after I had gone to bed.  Late night noises aren't welcome to those
> >who have to get up early.  Inviting the neighbors out is the best
> >idea.  That's what Bill Wysock, our local "big coiler" does, and
> >apparently he lives in peace.
> >Ed
> >

> Ed,
>
> The situation is quite complicated there.  Bill may have ticked the
> neighbors off in the past for I believe he could no longer run big stuff
> at
> his old address.  He no longer lives there I am given to understand.
> Most
> of his stuff is so big, he makes a single big splash and invites large
> groups for firings at fairs, gatherings, sysmposiums, etc.  Sometimes in
> concert with and the blessings of the local fire department.
>
> If Brent is reading this, perhaps he could confirm or deny this.
>

> Richard Hull, TCBOR

Richard and all -

  Actually, Bill is back at his old address in Monrovia. It's a
long story, and I won't elaborate past that.

  From what I recall, a lot of the 'old' neighbors moved out of
the area, and the new folks, owners and renters, simply had no
idea what they were in store for... :-)

  I will agree with Richard in that Bill is going for the "Guy
with the biggest coil Award", and will most likely get it...
but there is no way that the coils are going to be set up
and dinked with in his back yard. We were pushing the limits
when we dinked with his twin-coil Model 12 system back in
1992.

  Funny thing was that nobody made a stink when we lit off
Model 12...I guess by that time the word got around as to
what Bill was doing. The Morovia PD guys were actually very
great guys about the whole thing. I think they were under
the assumption that the house was under electrical attack
or something, ala the Entity (which Bill did the Tesla effects
for, BTW). The calls to the PD were probably from a safety
(hey, I think there might be a downed power line) type of
thing, rather than a 'disturbing the peace" call. It hasn't
hurt that Bill did a spectacular presentation for the city
some years ago for one of their celebrations.

- Brent