[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fullwave rectifier

Subject:  Re: Fullwave rectifier
  Date:   Sun, 18 May 1997 17:01:02 +1000 (EST)
  From:   Rodney Davies <rgd872-at-anu.edu.au>
    To:   Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

Hi David and all,

On Sat, 17 May 1997, Tesla List wrote:

<snip>
> of Radiation Health Physics sciences), I have some very basic questions
> regarding diodes in general. First, as HV, High current diodes are not
> the easyest things to obtain, what are the ramifications of series
> implementation of lower voltage for higher voltage? Perhaps, I am a bit

Try using the diodes out of a TV tripler. They're usually high-current,
high-voltage, but you will need to put a few in series to make up an
"effective" diode which handles the input voltage.
ie 20 x 1KV diodes = 1 x 20KV diode.

> to familiar with Capacitors and am getting confused? Second, well, if I
> am going to need to find a supplier of HV Diodes, does anyone on this
> list have any sugestions? About one Kilovolt AC at 35 Amps has been the
> highest I'v seen recently. Any help is more than welcome. Thanks,

Tandy may have something, but most likely a TV repair-man should help
you
better. Otherwise a specialty electronics store may help also...

Rod