[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Reduceing noise

Subject: Re: Reduceing noise
  Date:  Mon, 19 May 1997 22:46:31 +0500
  From: "Alfred A. Skrocki" <alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com>
    To:  Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

On Mon, 19 May 1997 09:19:51 +1200 Malcolm Watts
<MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz> wrote;

> Hi all,
>         I would suggest that if the gap is louder than the secondary
> discharge, the efficiency of the system could be greatly improved.

Malcolm, my origional statement was a goof! I also would agree with
you, I have noticed that if you connect the H.V. transformer to a cap
and spark gap that it is much louder than when connected to a
properly tuned Tesla coil. As you tune a Tesla coil you can hear the
change reflected in the sound of the spark gap, as you aproach
resonance the volume decreases and if you go past the resonance the
volume goes up again.

                               Sincerely

                                \\\|///
                               (  -at- -at-  )
                           Alfred A. Skrocki
                   alfred.skrocki-at-cybernetworking-dot-com
                             .ooo0   0ooo.
                               \_)   (_/