[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Need some help in finishing coil...quench caps and

Subject:  Re: Need some help in finishing coil...quench caps and
   Date:  Wed, 21 May 1997 15:32:54 -0600
  From:  "DR.RESONANCE" <DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net>
    To:  "Tesla List" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

To: Shawn Collins

Would suggest using a standard 12 KV neon sign transformer for power.
Easy
to find used for around $10 or perhaps even free in you can convince the
shop manager of the sincerity of your project.

A 60 ma. xmfr will match to a .01 MFD cap and a 30 ma. xmfr will match
to a
.005 MFD cap.  The larger size will provide more output but requires a
larger cap that costs more --- catch 22 here.

You can construct some pi-would chokes with about 40 turns on each
pi-section.  Use 3-4 sections and cut with a lathe (school shop teacher
can
help here) into a wood dowel or 1 1/2 dia. piece of white delrin
plastic.
Use one of each in series with each output bushing.

More on this if you want to pick up the free "Tesla Oscillator Design
Guide" from Resonance Research Inc, E11870 Shadyland Rd., Baraboo,  WI
53913.  Send a $3.00 stamp -- no cash or checks please.

Forget the 60 KV -- you don't need it and it will cause you more
headaches
than you need.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net