[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

50 ma neon

Subject:  50 ma neon
  Date:   Wed, 21 May 1997 20:50:51 -0700 (PDT)
  From:   gweaver <gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net>
    To:  Tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

I removed enough shunts from my unpotted 15K 30 ma neon to get 15K 50
ma.  I
decided to put it to the test.  If it works, great and if it burns up
then I
will know not to do this again.  I shorted the leads and turned it on
for
about 3 minutes. It did not burn up and it did not over heat.  I removed
some more shunts and got 72 ma for a few seconds then put the shunts
back
in.  I think 72 ma is pushing it a little to much.  I have been using
the
15K 50 ma on my TC for about 4 weeks.  I turn on my TC every day when I
get
home from work and operate it for several minutes each day.  50 ma from
a 30
ma neon is working fine.

Gary Weaver