[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: H/D Ratios

Subject:      Re: H/D Ratios
       Date:  Fri, 23 May 1997 15:15:17 +1200
       From:  "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
         To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Hi all,
       re my post on this....
<snip to last sentence of paragraph>
> The lower the L/C ratio, the more the electrical length trends
> towards zero degrees.

is what I said. I was referring to the electrical length of the line
with more and more top hat capacitance added, not the L/C ratio of
the line itself.

    Re the isotropic capacity thing: the point I at least am trying
to convey by using this term is the effective capacitance of a body
to its surroundings (or in isolation if it is far enough away from
anything else). I have definitely established by measurement that the
dominant capacitance of the grounded resonator follows this
description and is not inter-turn.

Malcolm