[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Choke and Hookup

Subject:  Choke and Hookup
  Date:   Fri, 23 May 1997 12:57:42 -0400 (EDT)
  From:   SSNSanders-at-aol-dot-com
    To:   Tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

I am concerned about my conductor size. I come off the neon, a 12KV/60ma
two chokes which are ferrite core wound with about 30 turns of # 24.
Then I
go to two air core chokes about 6 " long which are 5 layers of # 22 mag.
wire
with tape between the layers. The rest of the system is large solid
conductors and soldered connections and has a capacity of .01uf, 3
doorknobs
for now until I can do better. It would seem that a weak link exist from
the
neon electrodes to the chokes which is the # 24 magnet wire. It is only
60 ma
but Im not sure that it will carry the load. It seems to fire the gap
OK. Any
suggestions?     Stephen Sanders